Home Alarm Hardware/Companies

Graueradler

Now that I am retired, we might be doing a little more travelling so the house will be unoccupoed more often. I think that I'd like to have an alarm system and possibly some camera capibility.

For the alarm system, I'm thinking probably a wireless system hooked to a monitoring company by cell phone. Any recommendations, positive or negative, on hardware brands and on monitoring companies?

Cameras, if any, would be more for identifying perp after n event although it would be nice to see the front porch, driveway, and street from inside the house, maybe through an input on the smart TV.

After the fact cameras could be infra-red game cameras. Are there wi-fi TV cameras that could feed a recorder in the house somewhere as well as a wi-fi router that could be monitored by a computer and/or the smart TV.

We aren't "smart phone" people so smart phone features don't factor into our plans at this point.

Got any trusty relatives or friends willing to house-sit for a minimal stipend?

Haven't tried it myself yet, but have been considering it since we'll be doing some lengthy traveling this year.

Back