Is aircraft interior refurb a feasible business?

Peenzcat

Hi! I am new here, but am considering launching a business specializing at refurbishing aircraft interiors with new carpeting, upholstery, and veneers. I was trained by Dassault Falcon and have several years of experience in manufacturing, but have not explored the world as a contractor for hire, so I have some questions!

1.) Is this even feasible? Is there a market for this?

2.) What prices would one typically pay for say, leather work or even full refurbishment in a light aircraft?

3.) Would you need any form of licensing? I was informed as long as I'm not making major structural changes an A&P is not required for this form of work.

4.) How would be the best way to launch this? I figured I could either have them ship the parts to me, refurb them, and ship them back for their A&P to install, or I could set up a traveling business and charge for travel.
What do you think the best route would be?

5.) Please, ANY advice is feasible and will help greatly! I have experience doing the work and even servicing finished luxury aircraft, I just need to find how I can implement it into a business model. I would hate for my skillset to go to waste.
Thank you!

Back