450nm solo cross-country little excited..

MotoFlier

And nervous, I ordered the stratus 2s so I can take advantage of all the features in my foreflight with synthetic vision. I been doing some 50-70nm hops and they have been going well. I plan on heading to PA to visit a friend so I'm very nervous about weather and winds. I have a few airport options at my destination so I don't have to try and force a crosswind I'm not comfortable with. What are things you guys do to plan for a long trip? Plane can hold 50gal Cherokee 140 so I should be able to make it non stop but I have some halfway options jic I need a break. Not sure if I'm worried for nothing I would do a 70nm trip with no issues but I'm feeling some anxiety over this one.

I also plan on just driving if the weather don't look perfect. This is by no means a MUST make trip. I could just as easily go in a month or so, but I really do want to do a long trip I just wish I had a pilot buddy to join me. So anyone want to go for a long weekend trip!? Haha

ja_user said:
here is a hint,

the cruising part is easy.. plan it as two seperate normal flights.. YOu'll be fine, just factor in the bladder.
I did a non-stop 400 nm, 4+ hour trip in C-172 from 77S to KRHV and had no problems with the bladder staying empty. But on my return flight the bladder definitely gave me some serious pangs near the end. Very distracting!

Also, that was pushing the range of that plane. Next time I make a flight like that I'll split it into 2 legs.

Back