5 Dead In MO SR-22 Crash

Re: 5 Dead In MO SR-22 Chrash

Greg Bockelman said:
I didn't see anyone speculate on a cause of this crash. I DID, however, see some factual information that was available from the posted links.
Post number 3 managed to speculate both a stall and CFIT as causes.

Re: 5 Dead In MO SR-22 Chrash

bbchien said:
So look at the photos, Jim, while they are still up. Come to any different ideas?

Or hide head in sand.....:yikes:
I absolutely agree that speculation is worthwhile. But I was unable to see what was to be learned from your speculation because it seemed to me to provide at least two (or three?) possible causes. I also I don't know what you meant by "Improper IFR". Flying VFR into IMC?

I disagree with your assertion that we have all the information that an investigator is likely to have. The one person I personally knew who died in an aviation accident turned out to have THC in his blood, indicating use of marijuana within 3 hours of the accident. The NTSB listed it as a contributing factor.

We also don't have the radar tracks and any ATC communications. If he was IFR then his dealings with ATC might add insight. The video story on this web page includes an interview with witnesses who claimed to have thought the airplane sounded like it might have had problems prior to impact.

If it turned out the pilot knew there was a problem, then why didn't he deploy the parachute? That is the frustrating aspect to me.

Back