A nice 172 for under $40K....

I noticed that at the moment, there are two VFR equipped RV-6As for sale with asking prices just under $40k on trade-a-plane.com.

I'm more tempted by those than a nice 172 with a fancy IFR panel asking "just under" $40k.

Tom-D said:
When flying any home built I always have that nagging thought " what did he Mess up, what did he improve upon?" ever creak, groan becomes "WHAT WAS THAT"
I'm not sure how your ride jitters relate to a puchase. Pre-purchase jitters I can understand. However, in my humble opinion, once an airplane has acquired 200 or more flight hours, any obvious construction flaws can be ruled out. For less than obvious problems, I'm not sure what you believe prohibits the purchaser from doing a thorough exam that compares the airplane against the design plans and correcting whatever can be corrected?

Arguing against used homebuilts because they are more expensive than used certified aircraft 3 times older is mildly amusing and barely tolerable. One has to suspend belief and assume airframes don't age.

Now when used homebults a dozen years old that are at least a third faster (getting at least fifty percent better mileage) than certified used aircraft three times as old have comparable asking prices, the argument against homebuilts boils down to "things that go bump in the plane?"

Back