AD logging questions for the A&Ps

boxorox

Some background, I'm a student pilot about to take my check-ride (6/5!) and I own a 1968 PA28-180D. One item on my check ride todo list, is to get organized on the ADs and aircraft logs. I'm anticipating a little additional scrutiny on aircraft maintenance as an owner. Based on positive reviews here I decided to purchase ADLog for the plane and spent a couple hours past weekend getting it all put together and reviewing all the adNotes to document prior compliance. Overall I'm very happy with the content and format but, there were some discrepancies between the ADs provided with ADLog and those signed off in the Logs and AD records. Generally these fell into three categories:

1. ADs signed off in the logs but not included by ADLog. These were all N/A for some reason or other. I'm planning to request these from ADLog just to have the adNote's for all ADs documented in the logs. - No question here
  2. ADs included by ADLog but not addressed in the Logs or AD records for the plane. After reviewing these all but 1 (see #3 below) are N/A either by serial number or the make/model component not being installed. Question One: as an owner can I just note that this AD is N/A based on Serial Number/Not installed or does it require an A&P to notate this and signoff?
  3. I have one AD 2017-14-04 which supersedes AD 95-26-13 and is a recurring inspection of oil hoses which can be terminated by replacement of hoses compliant with TSO-C53a Type D. I have documentation of terminated compliance of AD 95-26-13 by replacement with appropriate hoses. AD 2017-14-04 (i)(3) documents the same terminating condition. Question Two: Do I need an A&P to sign-off AD 2017-14-04 or does the prior sign off of 95-26-13 cover this?
Sorry for the long winded post, appreciate the tribes wisdom!

Bell206 said:
What "logs"? Aircraft logbooks? AD records? Lincoln logs? PoA doesn't provide a mind reading function that I can find.;)
Very true. Though many posters often assume they can read the mind of other posters!

Back