AirNav Censorship

jdfrey1

I recently posted on AirNav.com what I feel was well deserved criticism for Ace Aviation at 35D in Allegan, MI. I was again at this airport today and experienced similar issues and went to check the comments and noticed that you have put this in your comments section: "Ace Aviation has requested that AirNav not collect or publish user comments. For any feedback or customer service inquiries, please contact Ace Aviation directly." I also recently put a comment about the FBO at KBKW and when I just went in I don't even see the FBO listed anymore.

To me this is censorship and really defeats the purpose of AirNav's service. Many pilots including myself use AirNav to see the experiences of other pilots and to determine if there may be potential issues. I have seen before where a less than desirable comment is left and the FBO replies with their perspective or an apology which I am totally fine with but to just take the comments down because they aren't all positive is really a big issue to me. My comments were not offensive and only stated the facts of my experience.

I sent AirNav an email today telling them that I think they should reconsider allowing this practice as I believe they will lose credibility with the large group of pilots that use their service to get information from other pilots.

weilke said:
The AOPA airport directory btw. doesn't allow FBOs to edit the entries. The AOPA directory is paid by the members, not the FBOs.
And because the comments on the AOPA airport directory aren't technically anonymous that should inhibit groundless attacks.

I wish more AOPA members would add relevant and useful comments to the AOPA airport directory.

"AOPA member comments are are offered unedited and do not necessarily reflect the views of AOPA.
Only current AOPA members and business managers can post comments."

Back