Alaska Airlines 737 Max 9 - Portland -5 Jan 2024

Maybe it is time to nationalize Boeing. This would be the reverse of how Airbus was formed, but it seems like for the US to remain competitive and insure that safety rather than shareholder profits are the priority, nationalization is key. It would be interested if the Biden-Harris campaign highlighted this in the coming election.

Maybe it is time to nationalize Boeing. This would be the reverse of how Airbus was formed,
Nationalization of private companies never fixes anything and can make things worse. Besides, Airbus and most French aviation companies are still "nationalized" just via a different route. In my experience, most would not survive if they had to compete in a true private market place.

Nationalization of private companies never fixes anything and can make things worse. Besides, Airbus and most French aviation companies are still "nationalized" just via a different route. In my experience, most would not survive if they had to compete in a true private market place.
What would AirFrance’s losses have been for AF447 if not for being a protected nationalized carrier?

216 x $3M plus $150M for the plane? Or roughly $800M? How many years profit would that be for a carrier that size? Looks like about 3 years worth.

Was just on a French ship, where one ship's officer explained that they could drink while standing watch (he was on the bridge drinking), but their BAC could not exceed .25, I tripled check that is .25 so more than three times .08. Not sure how that translates over to their airline.

Was just on a French ship, where one ship's officer explained that they could drink while standing watch
Back in the day when I worked overseas, we were at times working near the guys who flew for Heli-Union, the "national" helicopter company. Used to get a kick when I was invited for lunch in the middle of the flying day and had to decline their offer of wine for lunch.

Back