Anyone ever flown Pilots n Paws?

LoLPilot

If you can't guess from my avatar, I am an animal lover, and I'm interested in getting involved with Pilots n Paws. I'd like to get the scoop from someone who has worked with them before. Anybody here have impressions they'd like to share?

timwinters said:
I've flown a bunch over the years. I have two rules:

1. I never get involved with a trip that consists of more than 2 legs. First, (with rare exception) I think it's stoopid to move a pet 1/2 to 2/3 of the way across the country, surely it can find a home or shelter closer. And, more importantly, there's way too much that can go wrong on 4...5...6 leg trips and it puts too much pressure on pilots to do something that they may not be comfortable doing.

2. it must be a non-profit at both ends or be going to the adopting party. Preferably the latter, those are the most fun and fulfilling, especially when kids are involved.

Watch out for breeders scamming rides for the dogs they've sold. It happens.
I think many of the long cross country multi-legs ones are breeders scamming rides. The other thing that apparently happens a lot these days is rescue organization purchasing animals from breeders who then claim they have been "rescued". Some of these are then put on PnP flights to move them across the country. This just incentivizes the breeders to breed even more animals to be sold as "rescues".

Back