Attempted Engine Shutdown on Horizon Air - Portland, OR - 23 Oct 23

One of the risks of using psychedelics apparently. I know a lot of the early serious experimentation with LSD was done with an orderly nearby. I guess that's the end of his flying career.

I don't know if anyone else is interested in this video but I liked it because it went into the details of what was going through his mind when he tried to kill the engines. In my opinion he used the mushrooms instead of seeking a psychiatrist because he didn't want to loose his medical.
The pilot who intentionally crashed the Germanwings aircraft had been treated for mental health issues earlier in his life and told he would lose his medical if the mental health issue came back. Would he have sought help knowing that he would lose his license and career? I don't think so. And many lives were lost as a result when he crashed an airliner full of passengers.
I agree with what Mentour Pilot said about the system being broken and needing to be fixed, so that pilots aren't afraid to seek the help they need, because these mental health issues are real, as can be shown by this Horizon Air pilot.
I think Mentour Pilot's videos are awesome so I am sharing them for anyone who is interested.

Back