Burning man or Black Butte 88NV

scottpolo

My (new to me) 1967 Citabria was stripped to the tubes, bead blasted, epoxy coated and recovered 1998 and has lived in a hanger ever since. It has less than 200 hours on it since then inc engine & prop. My daughter wants me to pick her up at the last days of burning man in Black Butte NV. Temporary dirt strip, very dusty, Alkaline dust. I’d be there overnight. The dust permeates everything and causes corrosion. Should I pass or should I go? Seems like a blast but I really don’t want to damage my new beauty…

I have not owned a steel tube fabric airplane before. Any insight would be welcome:

:dunno:

My (new to me) 1967 Citabria was stripped to the tubes, bead blasted, epoxy coated and recovered 1998 and has lived in a hanger ever since. It has less than 200 hours on it since then inc engine & prop. My daughter wants me to pick her up at the last days of burning man in Black Butte NV. Temporary dirt strip, very dusty, Alkaline dust. I’d be there overnight. The dust permeates everything and causes corrosion. Should I pass or should I go? Seems like a blast but I really don’t want to damage my new beauty…

I have not owned a steel tube fabric airplane before. Any insight would be welcome:

:dunno:
It is a private airfield and you need permission to land. There is a bunch of stuff you'll need to do to be allowed to legally land. All the sordid details are here:

http://88nv.burningman.com/advisory/

Nevermind. I overlooked that you said you'd be landing in Black Butte.

Back