C210 Down near West Fargo, ND 8/10/2021

iamtheari

https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...ospitalized-after-plane-crashes-in-West-Fargo

Not a lot of details yet, other than that the pilot was in his 60's, not local, had to be cut out of the plane, and was seriously but not fatally injured. There are also some really confused reports claiming it was a crop duster. We also had a crop duster hit some power lines and crash in another part of ND earlier in the day, so the news reporters probably just decided to combine the stories.

FlightAware shows the plane flying from KOMA to D54 this afternoon.

I don't know what the winds were like in the Fargo area today. It was a little breezy across western ND, roughly 20G30 out of the west. D54 has one runway, 18-36, which is 3300 x 50.

nauga said:
I don't disagree with the first sentence but I expect we'd differ on what constitutes 'educated.' As for the last sentence, I don't have statistics but my personal favorite was a thread on an A320 crash where 'the regulars' were postulating on a cause by analyzing photo of a different crash site.

Nauga,
who can't finish cooking 'til he has all the ingredients
This reminds of the time a resident was going on and on interpreting the chest X-ray of a patient and how it correlated with the clinical signs.

I looked carefully at the corner of the film and it was the film for a completely different patient. :emoji38:

Back