Check ride

Majid. M said:
Taking few check rides from different DEP around US I know they are different in terms of personality and style. they are all come from different type of life, some are retired Air forces pilots, some of them are engineer, they have different background. some like talk about more less about engine, system, some like talk about regulations, weather Air space etc. some of them go straight to the point and don't want any extra and some of them like to talk and wants you to elaborate on your answers.
I agree that DPEs can have the specific things they like to focus on. Somewhat more troubling is that some of them have their particular approximate version of aerodynamics they like to teach and think other explanations, which are also reasonable approximations are wrong. And let’s face it, short of actually using equations to explain the pressure distribution around a wing, most of the explanations used in teaching this are rough approximations.

For the OP, I will mention another item having recently done the CFI SEL add-on.

The modern trend with this exam seems to be to ask you to teach a set of tasks from the CFI PTS. They want you to give a lesson on that, being sure to cover each item listed in that task.

So it is not a lesson like you would give a private or commercial student. More like a lesson you might give a CFI candidate on how to pass the CFI checkride.

Be sure to explicitly cover each point listed in the PTS for the task. After understanding the material, purchasing a set of the CFI lesson plans can help ensure every item is in there.

Back