Cleaning the inside of windshields

When he squeegees it, it drips onto the dash. That bothers me. Otherwise good and the squeegee is mandatory for us because our water is so hard it leaves mineral deposits if you don’t dry every bit off before it gets a chance to evaporate.

I'm not sure I understand how his tips are any easier; he makes a big deal in the beginning of how awkward it is to crawl around and reach the entire windshield... Yet you still have to do that with his method. Still... The small squeegee without metal edges is a good idea.

Just as we have Plexus for caring for the windscreens in our planes, I've been using a product called "Invisible Glass" on my cars for years, and it works great on everything from dried on bugs and bird goop on the outside to greasy residue and film from outgassing plastics on the inside. It's available in aerosol or standard liquid pump form. Use one microfiber cloth for washing/scrubbing, and a second clean one for drying/polishing. No streaks, no lint, and the glass almost disappears. Paper towels are the worst... Streaks and residue/lint guaranteed.

When he squeegees it, it drips onto the dash. That bothers me. Otherwise good and the squeegee is mandatory for us because our water is so hard it leaves mineral deposits if you don’t dry every bit off before it gets a chance to evaporate.
I suppose putting a towel on the dash would help. When I clean the inside of the front windshield I'm generally wiping the dust off the dash next, so drips on that is no big deal. I just let drips onto the floor dry out on their own. To me the most useful tip I learned wasn't the technique but the tool. I did not know about the existence of a small squeegee with no metal.

Back