Daily Pic

Inverted

There is a daily pic thread on another site that is a lot of fun. I know you guys have some awesome pics flying from your jobs, or fun flying adventures. Lets see them! I'll kick it off with some pictures from the last week or so.

xpziuq.jpg

29libh0.jpg

23rwh80.jpg

55scxt.jpg

2yminaw.jpg

11vtfh2.jpg

Here is a slide show of pictures taken while aviating in Oregon - set to music that makes them more palatable:

Irish_Armada said:
Whoa, those were awesome pics. Looked like you were at an airpark at 1:06, where was that? How many different airports did you land at and over how many days?
Glad you enjoyed the pictures. It was fun taking them. Had only intended them for personal memories.

The airport at 1:06 is Independence State, 7S5.

I count 17 different airports that I traveled to or from while taking those photos. Since it is a collection of photos taken over 4 years (flying 2 different planes and 3 different cameras) it is hard to assign a count to number of days involved. Not more than 3 airports in any one day. Typically just one.

On my way back from a trip from Creswell (77S) to Beaver Marsh (2S2) to Malin (4S7) Oregon I spotted a helicopter this afternoon hovering around Mount Thielsen in Oregon. I have no idea what they were doing - training, rescuing someone, doing a photo shoot, or what. Mount Thielsen has a rather distinctive craggy peak to it. Kind of neat with snow on it too.

weirdjim said:
I can resize any photo to any size I want, inches or pixels, your choice. What is the normal size for this group?

Thanks,

Jim
I don't know what is normal (some sizes here seem excessive IMHO,) but I factor in typical screen size statistics that have been gathered (e.g. some numbers here, among other places) and try to stay under 1280x1024 pixels. Other limit to consider is file size; as a matter of courtesy to lower bandwidth users, I'm hesitant to post or link to anything over a megabyte. Ideally a quarter megabyte or less unless the picture detail is important.

FloridaPilot said:
How do you guys expand the photos like that?
You mean like the one below?

To post it in that size, I first clicked on your smaller image and it was displayed in a pop-up dialog.
I then clicked on that dialog and my browser (Firefox in this case) opened the image full-scale in another tab.
I then went to that tab, copied the URL (which is http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37574&d=1420947332 ) and pasted it into the dialog I got when I clicked on the "Insert Image"
insertimage.gif
icon.

Normally you should be able to get a URL to the full size image when you upload an image to PoA that you can then copy into the "Insert Image" URL entry dialog.

Oh - and to avoid such outrageously large images, use an image editor to scale it before uploading.
Since most displays are under 2048 pixels wide, that should be a reasonable upper limit on any one image.
Unless there is a good reason for needing the resolution, 1024 pixels is probably a better upper limit.

EDIT: The image was so large I decided to remove it.

Hawker800 said:
What kind of crop are they trying to harvest there? Seems like an expensive way to do it :emoji846:

Attachments

• proxy.17.JPEG
    proxy.17.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • proxy.19.JPEG
    proxy.19.JPEG
    494.5 KB · Views: 134
  • proxy.18.JPEG
    proxy.18.JPEG
    822.8 KB · Views: 131
Back