Diamond DA40 vs Cessna 172

If anyone has seen my previous posts over the past two and a half years they would know I’ve been learning in a 172. After this journey I’m nearing the end. Checkride is in about a month and almost all requirements except the long solo cross country and 2 more hours of instrument time are complete. I recently took a discovery flight in a Diamond DA40-180 with a G1000 (not nxi) and was impressed with how easy it was to fly. I barely had to touch it, and even though I pulled back a little too much on landing. It felt like a pillow compared to a good landing executed on the C172P I train in. I like the Diamond because it’s a low wing and the only I flew is available for 140$ an hour. It even has the gfc700 autopilot. I’m wondering whether when renting is it worth to go with it. I like my 172, but it’s also 140$ an hour. Once I get ppl I will rent from another school that has a G1000 C172SP. Has anyone gone this route?

smv said:
download all the data and they never found a cause, let alone any data showing it even happening....?
Maybe you were imagining ? Or had just entered the Twilight Zone? :emoji2:

Back