Don't know if I should continue or finish sport pilot training or prepare for life?

N918KT

I know that on the last thread I posted back in last January, I was worried that I would not have time to continue sport pilot training because of life getting in the way sooner than I expected. I was wrong because I got a summer job at Newark Airport and made enough money to spend it on flying twice a week during weekends. But now, I am coming to this situation again and maybe this one is real. I am looking for aviation jobs (non-pro-pilot jobs) right now before I graduate in May. I told myself over the summer that I wanted to continue and hopefully finish sport pilot training during the one month winter break from college, but I feel that I should save up my money to prepare for getting a job and living on my own. Plus I am somewhat likely to live in New York City or on Long Island as I am trying to get a job at one of the 3 major airports in New York City. The flight school for sport pilot I go to currently is in Allentown, PA, and I have to see whether or not I would have the time or money to drive there and continue taking flight lessons while juggling a full-time job and paying for a car and apartment.

I don't know if I lost my motivation or desire to fly just because I want to prepare for living on my own or am I kidding myself again knowing that I would spend every chance on flying lessons in the end.

I just hope on whether I make a final decision to continue/finish my sport pilot training or giving up on flight training for now to get ready to live independently, I hope that I will make a decision and not change it.

Did you guys have to make a hard decision when you had to choose between starting to live independently or finishing getting your pilot certificate? What decision did you make and did you keep that decision or changed your mind?

Sorry for the long rant.

Re: Don't know if I should continue or finish sport pilot training or prepare for lif

asgcpa said:
:yeahthat:

I was out of flying for 30 years for a multitude of reasons and got back into it.
denverpilot said:
I was out for eight years also. It's a common story.
Similar story.

Got my first student pilot certificate in 1991. Didn't get around to earning the private certificate till three years ago.

Back