Failure in flight rivew !

Omar172

Hi guys,
I am sure there are people here have so many years of flying and maybe CFIII and when they read this,it looks funny to them but remember not all people are the same with one thing..
You may be good in flying but really bad in some other things in life!

I am 42 earned my ppl 2018, for some financial reasons, I was not able to fly for one year, BUT I was able to fly in Jan 2019 and may 2019.

Back in Jan 2020 my flight rivew was due
I was renting airplanes from the some airport close to where I live, but that place closed out,

so I had to go find another place to fly which is more complicated airport with multiple runways▪

I found Guy to do my flight rivew and after we set for 1 hour ground, he said you are good!

Then we took the airplane and I did all the maneuvers with no errors and made great cross wind landing and he said I was grate .

But for some reason when I exited the runway hold short on the next runway I was not able to understand the Atc so he took the control and fail me and charged me $350 for one hour airplane + one hour his ground before the flight and one hour his ground after the ground talking to me about my atc problem!

I gave up , since I have big family and work in small job almost hard to make living to me and my 3 little kids! With today life

I gave up 6 months
Today I went to different school to do it again
I picked cessna 152 to fly since its only $110 compared to the $135 for 172

So the guy at the school finished one hour ground and he said you are grate!
Then we took the cessna 152 and first we left the runway the door opened because the handel is broken and need to be closed hard!

Then we returned back and I was able to make great emergency 8knot crosswind landing to full stop
Then we fixed the door then we turned back to take off and after we start climing upwind the oil temp went to red line ! It was hot day over 110f degree in Arizona so he told me we my have to return back and do it later different day when we fix the plane!

So I turned and landed back and he told me
I am sorry I am not able to give your the flight rivew endorsement and he charged me $225.00
And he said we need to take the 172 and the rate is 135 plus his time!

So in that case will be another $225

So until now I spent almost $800 if I will go to fly again and maybe something else my happen and loss another $225 :mad:

I decided to quit flying and my interest is now went down to 20%:(
My wife also told me not to throw good money without hope !
This is for real rich person no for people try to make living and have kids!
My quesion is , why flight rivews can be like check ride and coast more than check ride ?
In my case its not only $200
And that not only one time
Its every 24 months!

So I am throwing my logbook in my toilet and will back to my family and my lovely kids !
Thanks
O Z

My suggestion for the OP. If you enjoy flying, then enjoy the flights you are doing to get the flight review done. What’s the hurry?

I think that attitude may let you relax and have a good time.

Back