G

WDD said:
Unfortunately, the guy who said this is the chief flight instructor.
Agree with @weilke. Find the administrator or university lawyer who deals with foreign students. They can likely straighten this out in a jiffy.

Nahom Beyero said:
Good idea, but wouldn't that roughen my relationship with the Chief flight instructor (like me contacting the office of legal affaires...). I haven't started training yet and I'm afraid that being at odds with him at this early stage might really hurt my training. What do you think?
I can think of two possible ways to soften this. The best likely depends on the size of the school.

If smaller, like Embry Riddle, then perhaps recontact the chief flight instructor and say you’ve done some research and you believe that for a green card holder, such as yourself, there is an exception. And that you want to confirm this with the university office before troubling him any further. At the same time go ahead and contact that office.

If larger, you could probably just contact that official and the registrar. By the time this really becomes an issue for the chief flight instructor at a larger place, this will probably have faded into the past.

flyingron said:
It's not an "exception."
I know. That is just a way to put it to the chief flight instructor that let’s him save face
emoji2958.png

Back