How to better prepare for interviews??

Myfpilot

[FONT=ARIAL,]Hello all,
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,]I've been doing a tremendous amount of research on interview/resume/marketing strategies, resources etc... one would use to prepare themselves for an interview. Having seen many websites that promise they are the BEST at preparing you for your interview, I am curious on several things:

First, those of you who are in the know how, what suggestions do you have for those of us who will be interviewing soon for various positions.

Secondly, are those websites honestly worth it?

And lastly, I am not looking at a pilot position with a company, but rather an operational/management position. On a personal note, I am most concerned with the fact I have not had a formal interview in close to 5 years since working for American Eagle Airlines, and then becoming a Naval officer, and I can firmly admit that my interview standards are most likely not to par with today's market expectations, and where I want them to be.

Anyone with some guidance or suggestions is highly appreciated. Thank you all!

[/FONT]

I hope you do well on your interview(s). A lot of weight is given to interviews - which is a shame because:

Studies show that there is a very low correlation between job performance and how well an applicant interviewed.

(IQ turns out to have the highest correlation to job performance. But IQ tests generally can't be used by most employers - at least since 1971.)

Many employers don't know how or what they should be looking for in an interview anyway. That may be why there are so many inane questions asked. (Alas I am guilty of having asked what I realized later were inane questions of interviewees.)

Back