I am not proud

steingar

I went to see John and Martha King at Oshkosh. I didn't even know what they were going to say, didn't care, just wanted to see the Alpha monkeys like a good low-ranking monkey (the relevant research is summarized here).

I've known about John and Martha King for 20 years and never saw them in person, so I went. They're a really cute couple. They said they've been doing their thing since 1969, and they've got the schtick down pat. They must be doing a really good job, as their aircraft burns kerosene and goes really, really fast. They had some fun stories about their various aircraft purchases.

Their talk was of course aviation safety, material I've heard in one form or another out of more mouths than I could easily count. Lots and lots of acronyms, plenty of jokes and folksy wisdom. I was rescued in the middle of it by my phone, at that point I had seen and heard enough.

They were sitting right in front of me before their spiel, I could have walked up and said hello. But I never bought a thing from them, I go the IFR course from Sporty's. So I didn't.

eman1200 said:
Does anyone else think she has this “pleeease get me out of this marriage” look on her face? For those looking at her face……
Did you want to help her out with that?

Back