Intercept over TFR in Chicagoland

Bravo3

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110803/news/708039771/

A plane flying out of Barrington was intercepted by two F-16 fighter jets early Wednesday night after the plane entered restricted airspace, which was temporarily put in place for President Obama's visit to Chicago.

The jets were scrambled by the North American Aerospace Defense Command at 5:34 p.m. after a Kitfox Model 2 flew into temporarily restricted airspace, said NORAD spokesman Lt. Michael Humphreys.
Tough for a guy to punch a few holes in the sky without getting a briefing these days. :(

I bet his heart rate jumped a bit. :yikes:

VIP TFRs appear to have nothing to do with protection of national security; they are entirely for personal security. The death of the president does not affect national security. Some notable presidential deaths and near deaths in times of national stress or war and the non-consequences:

• Abraham Lincoln assassinated at the close of the U.S. civil war. National security unaffected.
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt dies during World War 2. National security unaffected.
  • John F. Kennedy assassinated during the Vietnam and height of the cold war. National security unaffected.
  • Ronald Reagan assassination attempt and disablement during latter period of the cold war. National security unaffected.
Crude as it may seem, no person holding presidential office is uniquely indispensable. We can always find replacements.

gprellwitz said:
They were having a benefit wine tasting for their church, and a friend of mine invited us. We asked for and received permission to land there in October of 2008. I don't know when the accident occurred, and I don't see any in the NTSB database.
I'm not familiar with the area and am curious about her location; is her airfield IL68, Mill Rose Farm?

Back