Internet-based Courseware

username

A friend is interested in studying for the PPL written and has asked me for recommendations. Being armed with the latest in wireless laptop and hand-held computing capability, my friend would like to try an internet-based training program.

Since all of my old ground school materials are in the form of clay tablets with cuneiform inscriptions, I'm seeking opinions and recommendations from students who have used internet-based PPL training courseware, and from CFIs whose students have done so.

Thanks and happy landings,

buzz

A friend is interested in studying for the PPL written and has asked me for recommendations. Being armed with the latest in wireless laptop and hand-held computing capability, my friend would like to try an internet-based training program.

Since all of my old ground school materials are in the form of clay tablets with cuneiform inscriptions, I'm seeking opinions and recommendations from students who have used internet-based PPL training courseware, and from CFIs whose students have done so.

Thanks and happy landings,

buzz
I used Gleim's online system. Between that and other material (the FAA publications and Rod Machado's book) it is quite possible to not only score 100% on the written, you'll also learn some useful stuff that sticks! :wink2: I managed to miss one question, which bugs me since I switched from a correct answer to an incorrect answer on that one question just before completing the test.

(The Gleim software asks you every question it knows about that may appear on the FAA written (around 700.) And it provides not only the answer if you get it wrong on their testing, but an explanation for what makes the wrong answers wrong and the correct answer correct.)

steingar said:
I just read a textbook. Silly old-fashioned me.
I did that too and thought it would be enough. Then when I used Gleim's software, I found the FAA has a fondness for trivia that is unrelated to safe flying.

Back