Intro to Physics.

saracelica

Okay - In high school when I was given the option to take Physics or Biology 2 I went with Biology 2 (Who can resist getting to cut open frogs and stuff and okay there was a cute guy taking the class as well) So Physics isn't something I learned in school.

Anyone recommend a good book - I'm thinking Physics 101 or Idiots guide to Physics. Seems like flying involves alot of Physics and I can't go back to High school to learn it. <sigh>

Thanks!

Anyone recommend a good book - I'm thinking Physics 101 or Idiots guide to Physics. Seems like flying involves alot of Physics and I can't go back to High school to learn it. <sigh>

Thanks!
The "Cartoon Guide to Physics" is actually not bad.

Next up may be the books by Isaac Asimov such as "Understanding Physics, Vol. 1," or "Understanding Physics, 3 Volumes in 1."

The only caveat I have is that it is now difficult for me to tell how easy it is to learn from these since I got a BSc in the subject many years ago. I did read and enjoy the books by Asimov prior to getting my degree, but I had already acquired some physics knowledge even before I read them.

Piloto said:
Excellent listing of physics concepts. Handy for when you need to refresh your knowledge. Thanks

José
If it is considered so good, one could just pay for a legitimate copy. The site in question is in Croatia and contains a series of PDFs from scanned images of the 3 volumes of the Feynman Lectures on Physics as published by Addison-Wesley. The books are still copyrighted by the California Institute of Technology. The scanned copies conveniently begin on the page 3 - right after the copyright notice which appears on page 2.

Back