KSEZ - Sedona

ircphoenix

What's the best time of year to go to Sedona? I think I have a couple weeks off coming up shortly. Is the end of April a smart time to be flying out there from SoCal?

ircphoenix said:
GF and I are planning on arriving Saturday sometime around 1pm. Which means she will invariably make us run late and we will arrive around 4pm.
If you like, we are having a fly-in of Cardinals at Cottonwood Municipal, which is just down the valley from Sedona. Could be fun to meet a fellow POA person. Should probably last until 2 or 3.

Cottonwood also tends to have good fuel prices.

Two things about landing at KSEZ that I don't think have been mentioned in this thread yet.

1. Unless the wind favors landing on 21 by more than about 5 kts, people generally land uphill on 03. Then takeoff downhill on 21.
2. As you approach to land, particularly on 03, the shape of the ridgeline produces mild turbulence, sort of a gurgling, on short final. Just fly through it and if ok once over the plateau, go ahead and land.

Have fun. Peter

Timbeck2 said:
I'll do a pre-fly for ya tomorrow. Going to Flagstaff and/or Sedona then that Cottonwood thing sounds interesting (fuel prices aren't advertised on SkyVector). I doubt I can make it Saturday.
Just so everyone knows. The Cottonwood Cardinal Congregation is running from 8-2 on Saturday. I think some of the folks involved will be down at hangar N2 near the south end on Friday afternoon if people stop by.

Back