Learning the G1000 in the SR20

PeterNSteinmetz

Administrator
Staff member
For finishing up my CFII training I decided to do it a G1000 equipped SR20. It has been a bit more than I anticipated given most of my instrument experience is in my 6 pack equipped Cardinal with VORs.

Right now I am reading the manual to try and get a sense on everything this panel can do. This approach worked well when I was learning the 430 since one could run all the examples on the Garmin simulator.

Reading this whole longer manual is a slog.

Not sure what you already have for "learning by using" but G1000 simulators of unknown fidelity for existing PC flight simulators can be found online. A few of first hits using 'g1000 simulator fsx sr20' search terms:

And a whole bunch more hits.

Thanks Jim. I have tried the Simionics for iPad (which can be connected to X-Plane as well as the versions in the SR-20 aircraft for X-Plane. None of them are super accurate unfortunately.

You can get a much more accurate simulator from Garmin for the G-1000 on Windows.

At this point I am thinking to just RTFM and then use the hardware SR-20 simulator, which is quite good at $95/hour.

Back