Legal counsel needed

This isn't really aviation related at all, but I know there are a few respectable lawyers on here who might be able to help point us in the right direction.

A few months ago we were visited by the local department of "family services," who were apparently following up on allegations that my younger brother had been "inappropriately touching" our nephew. Now, I am 100% certain that these allegations are false... and apparently "family services" has also ceased pursuing the case since we haven't heard a thing from them since. Earlier today, though, we were visited by the state police. Apparently someone has leveled an accusation against my brother, again. Only this time it has nothing to do with "family services." What makes this all so laughable is that my brother doesn't even have a driver's license. We know exactly where he's been pretty much every day of his life. So there's absolutely no doubt in our minds that whatever it is is, again, a false accusation.

My question is more about how compliant we should be with the investigation. Right now we don't actually know what the latest accusation is since they want to talk to my brother at the local PD. Are we obligated to take him (since he can't drive, although he is no longer a minor). If not, SHOULD we take him? Unfortunately the police were already allowed into the house to talk to him, during which my brother shared that he thought it was related to the "family services" incident -- which, apparently, the police were unaware of. Also, what kind of legal recourse do we have to fight back against whoever is making these accusations? I'm virtually certain that the same individual is behind both incidents since my brother's circle of contacts is so regular and so small.

And yes, my family is "lawyering up." I don't plan on using any information I get here to replace the need for a lawyer. I just want to get some intelligent input to get the gears turning.

bbchien said:
This is a medical topic?
Good point.

My guess is the OP wanted to post anonymously without logging in, but there are only two categories under the "Confidential Subjects" where that appears to be possible - his one and "Lessons Learned."

Probably would make sense to have a "Legal Topics" category too. I'll ask the admins if they can add such a catehory.

Back