Library of Congress has sectionals from "way back in the day"

Domenick said:
- set the view to list.
- select any chart. The single chart will display. Charts are organized in sets by city, with the most recent charts with the lowest numbers. For example: the Seattle set is 5642-5728 spanning 1934-1971. Both sides of charts (chart & Notes) which have them are sequential.
just below the city is an "image" drop down menu of chart numbers.
I could not find this drop down menu. But I do notice that the URL ends in a /?sp=3500 mark where the 3500 is the item number in that scheme. So one can just type in a number there as well.

NoHeat said:
And I found something curious just before WWII, with the A-N radio navigation system. It seems that the routes didn't connect very well initially. I'm just not sure how you could fly across the country that way. But later that was fixed. Here are screenshots for Des Moines, before and after they fixed that curious problem:
I wonder if this was a change in the antennas, or just a change in the charting. It seems like the listed bearings are just a 1 degree change. Maybe a rounding prior to charting sort of issue?

I am also curious now exactly what the colored area was supposed to indicate? Remember that with these four course ranges one listened to the Morse for A .- and N -. and tried to identify their superposition into a continuous tone to find the middle of the course.

Back