Looking for a starter plane that is respected

Hocky

I'm seriously considering getting my own plane. So here's my mission: It will just be for fun VFR flying for two people and some luggage. But... it has to have some decent presence so that if i fly into Oshkosh with it let's say I would have some fellow pilots looking at it and saying "yeah, nice!'

That rules out wimpy stuff like 150's and the like. Budget is $50k to $100k and $1500 a month for everything else.

I'm seriously considering getting my own plane. So here's my mission: It will just be for fun VFR flying for two people and some luggage. But... it has to have some decent presence so that if i fly into Oshkosh with it let's say I would have some fellow pilots looking at it and saying "yeah, nice!'

That rules out wimpy stuff like 150's and the like. Budget is $50k to $100k and $1500 a month for everything else.
Wimpy is in the eye of the beholder. You could add nose art to a 150/152 or dress it up with a non-traditional paint scheme for the "yeah, nice!" reaction without spending tens of thousands of extra dollars. E.g.:

1920697.jpg

Might be able to pick up a used Cavalon gyroplane for under $100k:

http://www.auto-gyro.com/en/Cavalon/Gebrauchtmarkt-Cavalon/

1353256M.jpg

Hocky said:
Retractable gear +10
Taildragger +20
Low wing +5
Three blade CS Prop +5
Radial engine +35 (in my dreams)
Two engines +20
DC-3

All two engine retractable gear airplanes make great starter planes comparable to a C-150. Not.

DC-3%20Dakota%20EBMB%202008%20%284%29.jpg

Back