Medical Exam Disqualifiers

ZacGree

Hello - I'm a student pilot and I'm in the process of setting up my medical exam. I'm in my early 30s and have no major medical issues. However, I have received prescriptions in the past that I've noticed are on the "not permitted" list. I'm curious whether or not these will give me any issues getting approved.

I'm currently on a low dose of Lisinopril for pre-hypertension. I'm also on a low dose of Imipramine which was prescribed a few years ago for IBS. I have been fine for quite some time, so I'd like to get off of Imipramine knowing that it is not allowed. What is the process of showing that I no longer take the medication even though I have a current prescription?

Finally, about 3 or 4 years ago I was given a prescription for clonazepam for anxiety following a particularly bad situation where the company I was working for suddenly went out of business. I do not suffer from frequent anxiety and have not taken any of the drug in quite some time, nor do I have a current prescription for it. The last prescription date was 2018 with no refills.

Will any of this cause me significant problems in getting my 3rd class medical (and eventually 1st class medical)? Do I have hope of getting my certificate? If so, what do I need to do to make the process as quick and easy as possible?

Back