Medical Insurance in the event of an aviation accident

SixPapaCharlie

In my medical insurance policy it states that I am not covered should I be injured as a result of a plane crash.

The salesman joked that "if you crash, make sure you finish dying." That got me wondering.

If I die in a plane crash, my life insurance still pays. Lets say I crash my plane and I am unable to finish the job, does the coverage in my aircraft policy cover medical bills? I recall it has coverage at some dollar figure for hull and also for injuries.

Either way, I have a backup plan. When they ask I can just say "I heard my plane crashed in that field so I sprinted there as fast as I could but when I got there, I tripped and fell and broke all my bones."

Does the insurance we have on our planes cover medical expenses as a result of an incident?

EdFred said:
True, but that also depends how far you fall. If I fall from 30' up, probably still gonna survive. :D
I believe a 30’ fall onto a hard surface is about a 50% chance of death (learned this while lead climbing).

Lindberg said:
Free climbing generally involves safety gear. And it's "mountaineering."
Bit of an overload on that term. “Free climbing” can mean either climbing with protection in place but not relying on it for ascent (which would be “aid climbing”) or what people sometimes call “free soloing” or “soloing”, which is without any protective gear placed.

Back