Mosul Orb, and other unidentified aerial phenomenon

tawood

Curious what others think of some of these UAP, such as the "Mosul Orb" video that was just released:

And some of these other cases:

Myself, I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to presuming these types of things are extraterrestrial in origin. They do have my curiosity up though.

In the overhead shots where it is clearly sunny because things on the ground are casting shadows, where is the shadow of the orb? I ran them at quarter speed and would have at least expected to see a hint of a shadow of the orb in the 11 to 13 second period of the first video. At about the 17 second mark there is a telephone pole or similar whose shadow indicates lighting from about 260° angle (if north were to the top of the screen) while the orb's shadowing implies lighting from about 315°.

In the overhead shots where it is clearly sunny because things on the ground are casting shadows, where is the shadow of the orb? I ran them at quarter speed and would have at least expected to see a hint of a shadow of the orb in the 11 to 13 second period of the first video. At about the 17 second mark there is a telephone pole or similar whose shadow indicates lighting from about 260° angle (if north were to the top of the screen) while the orb's shadowing implies lighting from about 315°.
I noticed that too…but…I’ve had flying days were once I’m above a certain altitude my planes shadow seems to disappear.
Also, so it isn’t casting a shadow when it should, then what is it? Some of these cases aren’t just video recorded, they are also eye witnessed, which would rule out some camera artifacts. I saw a similar video where an orb is recorded going through waves in the ocean without making a splash (that was one of the cases that was both eye-witnessed and recorded)…I’ll see if I can find it.

I noticed that too…but…I’ve had flying days were once I’m above a certain altitude my planes shadow seems to disappear.
Also, so it isn’t casting a shadow when it should, then what is it? Some of these cases aren’t just video recorded, they are also eye witnessed, which would rule out some camera artifacts. I saw a similar video where an orb is recorded going through waves in the ocean without making a splash (that was one of the cases that was both eye-witnessed and recorded)…I’ll see if I can find it.
A shadow does quickly diffuse because the sun isn't a point source. So a small object at altitude can have effectively no visible shadow. So that is a possible reason it wasn't visible, so I only described my observation and did not draw any conclusion. The orb's light/dark reflection not matching what appears to be the sun's location could also have a reasonable explanation. Maybe it isn't due to reflectivity but painted that way.

If something solid appears to pass through ocean waves without making a splash then it isn't where it appears to be, is an optical artifact rather than a solid, or the eye witnesses are lying. Obviously there are more explanations but the probability falls off exponentially or even faster.

Back