My CFII Failed 4 Check Rides... Should I get a new one?

Abe

I just started a flight training program that will take me through my IR, multi, and CPL within the next six months. I found out a couple of days ago that my CFII (who I'll have throughout the entire program) has failed 4 check rides. Do you think it's in my best interest to switch? Am I basically destined to fail some rides if I stay with him? I'm slightly worried about stepping on someone's toes if I tell the school I want to change instructors.

As an aside, it took 4 drawings and another CFII to draw a correct holding pattern entry and a couple of other similar mishaps within the last week. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar instructors and how it's worked out for them.

I found out a couple of days ago that my CFII (who I'll have throughout the entire program) has failed 4 check rides.

As an aside, it took 4 drawings and another CFII to draw a correct holding pattern entry and a couple of other similar mishaps within the last week.
The safety aspect has been touched on in some other posts but IMO needs emphasis here.

There are times in your training when you will mess up or bad circumstances mean something dangerous is happening or about to happen. And your CFI is going to need to fix it - fast - for everyone's safety.

Do you really want to be having to second guess your instructor then?

I would switch immediately.

Back