N. Korea GPS jamming hits S. Korea flights: Seoul

Jim Logajan

Administrator
Staff member
"GPS (global positioning system) jamming signals are continuing this morning," Son Dong-Hwan, a transport ministry deputy director, told AFP.
As of 9:00 am (0000 GMT), a total of 319 aircraft had been affected since Saturday, he said. "But it poses no threat to navigational safety."
[...]
Officials have said planes can instead use other navigation devices like the very-high-frequency omni-directional range (VOR) and inertial navigation systems.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ga5mhQcdd-5rDukiPpj87Gz6IUUQ?docId=CNG.8d5b758de9e350282571a0c6dc1155a3.2b1

N801BH said:
I am absolutely not saying we are protecting NK... My point was we have had 70,000 + US soldiers in South Korea for over 50 years now.... The cost to the taxpayers is STAGGERING..... And what did that hundreds of billions of dollars buy us.:dunno::dunno::dunno:
I bought a Samsung monitor. :wink2:

Technically I believe there is still a war going on between North Korea and the United Nations, of which the US comprises the main part.

The thing about GPS jamming is that it can generally only be done where one has line-of-sight access to the areas to be jammed. And I don't see how it could be done stealthily.

Back