New Job interview-advice

Last few weeks, I haven't been looking forward to going to work. I live in a strange world of 3 bosses, one works in the office with me that I see about once per day and another I deal with over the phone throughout the day. All 3 of us are Type A and we sometimes disagree on the best way to solve a problem. The third, I rarely talk to; I'm just passive income for him. The one on the phone is the one that has power over my contract (just renewed for another year) and is happy with my work, the 2nd would love to see us fail (for sadistic pleasure).

About 2 weeks ago, I started interviewing for a new job and getting offers. I feel good that the money is still coming in (and so does my #3 boss), but I think I want out. I want to be more open with my interviewers and tell them my reason for looking is because my environment is emotionally abusive (not exagerrating) but I don't forsee this going over well. I also want to use it as a test to keep me from jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan.

1- What is a better way to answer this question for interviews?
2- Is disclosing this opening myself for libel suit? The Organization I work for is well known.

All I know is that it is very unwise to say bad things about past employers or clients. It doesn't matter whether they are true or not.

Back