Omaha short-notice meet up

DavidWhite

Hey folks Todd Sweezey from here (PoA) and the PB is in town, and he and I were going to meet up for a late lunch at Old Chicago on 132nd and Maple at 2pm.

Anyone else interested in coming out?

Corpsmaide said:
Doesn't always work. Could be the lucky one caught for the two seconds the signal is sent out.
The objective is to reduce the probability of getting pulled over, not eliminate it. So one should either slow down or get a good radar detector - or do both. Pragmatically I suspect the average law-abiding driver finds themselves speeding because they are trying to match surrounding traffic or they are trying to avoid becoming the head of a long tail of cars.

I've had the same Valentine One radar detector for 14 years. Had some speeding tickets before getting it, but none after that. I did slow down, too (wife asked why don't I just slow down instead of spending that kind of money on a detector - um, hard to argue that logic), and I know that helped some but I still find myself above the limit due to traffic.

I've never been the one who got hit first - maybe just lucky. But I suspect the roads are so "target-rich" with speeders that cops really don't need to hide the use of their radar - many seem to keep the things on all the time or check car speeds more often than they need to. Always detect them a long way away. Only time I recall getting a one shot laser signal, which would be the stealthiest way to nab speeders with detectors, was driving through Illinois years ago. I might not have been the intended target because nothing came of it.

Back