One star threads

Jim Logajan

Administrator
Staff member
Why would a person who, when he or she rates them at all, only rate threads with one star? I can't see a common theme. I'm pretty sure it has just been one person doing it because I've experimented by entering an opposing 5 star rating, which yields an immediate 3 star average.

I don't otherwise pay any attention to the thread rating.

jesse said:
Yes it's mostly the same one or two people that do it, yes I know who they are, and yes we may not tolerate it forever.
I'm just curious about their motivation; if they want to one-star threads I personally have no objections.

Threefingeredjack said:
I hate to admit it, but a perverse little voice in my head urged me to rate this thread. :devil:
I just rated my own thread one star to balance your 5 stars. :D

Henning said:
:confused: There's stars on threads?
Above the first post on every thread should be a line of drop-down menu tools like "Thread Tools", "Search this Thread", and so on. I uploaded a snipped portion of my screen using Windows 7 Snipping Tools and highlighted the part where you can see the aggregate rating and a tool to add your rating of the thread.
attachment.php

spiderweb said:
I've noticed that, too. It has been going on for YEARS.

It is not that I care about what someone thinks about my posts; it is just that there is ONE or TWO persons who specifically, systematically feel that everything I say is ****.

Having said that, removing the rating system isn't going to change their opinion of me. I'll just have to take them out to lunch some day (assuming they can stand the sight of me!)
You lucky b*stard - most of us toil in obscurity and YOU get your own nemesis! I don't know how many times I've insulted people on this board and never got that kind of recognition in return. Anyway, I think this song is for you (actual aviation content at 0:25; kinda):

Back