Pilot Threatens Passenger Sending Nude Photos Via AirDrop: ‘Vacation Is Going To Be Ruined’

Airdrop receiving can and should be either turned off or limited to people in one's Contact list. Part of the problem lies with people who haven't made any attempt to secure their phones.

Good Lord. Isn’t Airdrop default contacts only? And even then don’t you have to grant permission when they try to send something? Why would anyone walk around with it set to “everyone“ and then accept an unsolicited drop?

You get a preview of the photo when the request comes in. But they must have had everyone set as possible senders. I don’t think that is the default setting.

The only reason I can think one might flip that on is that say you meet someone and they want to send you a photo. But you don’t want to formally add them to your contacts, so you flip this setting to everyone “temporarily”. You then forget to turn it back off.

I'll stick to meeting new people and talking to them face to face. If pictures are wished to be shared, they can be shown from the owner's hand. Life presents enough gambles for me without opening cyber doors to strangers!

Back