Plane Reserved - Where Should We Fly?

I have a question for everyone:

I am taking the day off this Friday (so if planning is needed I should do that tomorrow night). I have the 172 reserved all day Friday from 9am - 5pm (they are very laid back at this place and nobody had the plane anyways).

I have a very experienced pro pilot coming from out of town (haven't asked his permission to do so, or else I'd post his name on here). This pilot is the reason I got checked out in the 172 - I knew he was coming in September and he has MANY hours in a 172 so that will be good.

I called the pilot today and said "what do you want to do / where do you want to go?"

He replied with "No plans - I just want to fly."

So . . . . what do we do?

I've done the Bay Tour (twice, once at night) already.

Everyone keeps saying I should go to a new airport each time I fly.

Also, I've never flown anywhere to do something (lunch, for example).

Another idea: mountain flying / pointers from him if he's willing. I want to go to Sierraville this year with passengers in the 172 (sooner the better). Even though it will not require a "high altitude checkout" since the elevation is less than 5,000 feet on the runway, many people have suggested I do mountain flying for the very first time with an experienced pilot by my side. If I don't land at South Lake Tahoe (over 5K) I am not breaking my agreement with the flight school. Many of these destinations, with traffic, would normally take 5+ hours by car and I was thrilled to discover they might take less than 2 hours in a 172 from O69!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, and keep in mind coastal destinations are "out" if there is a marine layer.

Another idea is the complex airspace in the Bay Area such as landing at our class C airport and working around / through the surrounding Bravo. That and the mountain flying are two things I could use guidance on.

Kimberly

kimberlyanne546 said:
2. High-altitude checkout prior to flight to airports above 5,000 ft. MSL
Carson (CXP) is at 4690.
Minden/Tahoe(MEV) is at 4722.

Not sure how they compare to finding and landing at Sierraville.

Second flight I took after I got my private pilot certificate was a circuit of Crater Lake, Oregon with my wife in a 172, which was around 10k.

kimberlyanne546 said:
Sorry, I don't drink and fly.

And I want to go to NEW airports! Went to Napa this month (at night though when it was untowered).
Gold Beach, Oregon is on my own list of places to visit next.

"[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif,Arial]The Gold Beach Airport 4S1 is located at the beach at the mouth of the beautiful Rogue River, arguably the most scenic airport to fly into in Oregon."[/FONT] According to:
http://www.funplacestofly.com/funflydetails.asp?id=978

About a 2.5 hour flight from O69. Allegedly you can walk to most places in town from the airport (seems that way on the map.) On the other hand, scenery is probably not unlike what you have in your area.

My next other place to visit is Sunriver Resort, Oregon.

Back