Planning a LITERAL cross country! What would YOU take?

Shawn

For those that may have been following my previous thread about my Cessna 182 airplane purchase...

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61324&highlight=purchase+logic

...well, the plane checked out, inspections were done and passed, price was negotiated and is it a day away from a done deal. Only bummer is that it sits in Florida and I sit in Northern California...so a VFR cross country trip in a 1973 182p in the first week of August it is!

I am a new pilot and I have a non pilot buddy (but aviation enthusiast) that is going to make the adventure with me. I am in the preliminary stages of plotting my course but want to know from the seasoned vets...what would YOU carry with you in the plane for a trip like that. If weather is not a factor, I would hope to knock it out in two days. Foreflight says 15 hours of flight time, but that is no stops in ideal conditions. I of course will leave a few days buffer to deal with weather or other issues along the route so I am under no pressure to push the limits of myself or the plane. I trained doing marathon days of flying in the cockpit, so the hours and what to expect physically I am ready for.

Luckily plane has GPS and Auto Pilot!

I have my list in my mind, but wanna see what other come up with as essentials/must have's/nice to have's/ creature comforts to have on board!

Back