POA Owners

evapilotaz

Who owns PilotsofAmerica Website?

Does it have any site sponsors? I don't see any.
Does it have moderators? How does one become a moderator?

Its a great site for what it is. Nothing fancy without a bunch of ads.

Thanks.

jesse said:
The Pilots of America website, name, and whatever else is owned by the Pilots of America non-profit corporation which is managed by the Management Council.
Just curious...

Are all the MC members on the corporation's board of directors?

Who has been financing operations for the last 12 months?

What state is PoA incorporated in?

If it were a tree, what kind of tree would it be?

What is its favorite color?

What state is PoA incorporated in?
jesse said:
Pennsylvania
Thanks for answering that and the other questions. I see by the PA corporation web search that the non-profit was listed as created on 5/29/2009. So it would appear Chuck Haebrele operated and owned the site prior to his emancipation: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34693

I'd hazard a guess that the reality is that the web hosting site is subsidizing the server connections costs. So I would assume it fair to say they are financing most of PoA's operating costs?

What is its favorite color?
Sac Arrow said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess blue.
If it were a tree, what kind of tree would it be?
Since the tree question remains unanswered I can only assume someone is trying to hide something. I wont rest until it is answered! Except for afternoon naps, sleeping at night, and the occasional nodding off at my work desk.

jesse said:
That said we are moving most of our equipment out of that data center in an effort to move all our operations to Amazon AWS. When that happens, the PoA server will need a new home, but I'll likely be able to figure out something without expenses attached.
For the record, I've always had fast load and search times when using the current site location. Better than most sites I visit. Of course many of them are loaded down with URLs that require DNS resolution or connections to other sites, such as ads or Google analytics.

Only to low-wing bigots and those bent on floccinaucinihilipilification.
SixPapaCharlie said:
ok, I fixed the logo. I think it is perfect now
Your banner floccinaucinihilipilificates balloon, airship, and ornithopter pilots, among others! If the logo includes an aircraft image at all, it should be something all pilots can aspire to. So I suggest a simple change to the existing banner:

attachment.php

Back