Preparing CFI applicant

Stets66

Looking at preparing my first CFI applicant, does anybody have any advice or good materials in regards to this. Obviously first time, so wanna make sure I do it properly and am well prepared before starting.

As I had mentioned in the thread noted above. The modern trend for DPEs, at least in AZ, seems to be to ask the applicant to teach a lesson on a task in the CFI PTS. They expect every item listed in that task to be covered in one lesson or noted that it will require a series of lessons, even if this is not the way you might actually teach a student.

The pre-paid lesson plans are a very good base to start from to ensure that happens and a fairly painless way to review and cover it all.

TommyG said:
I wouldn’t say minimally, the student should be able to teach everything in there. That’s the reason the average CFI oral around here is 6 hours.
Yes. And should teach every single item mentioned in the PTS for any given task.

There is no reason to miss. Just have all the points in a written plan ahead of time. Easy way to do that is with the pre-paid ones. But then be sure to review and know the material and modify for your style.

Back