Rental Cars & Reservations...

jsstevens

I rented a car today for a trip my wife & I are taking in August. I used Kayak to find the car, which came from Enterprise. I went to Enterprise's web site to see if the deal was better and they claim no cars are available at that location to rent. But Kayak, via Priceline, rented me a car from Enterprise. I've used Kayak before and never had a problem with not getting a car but this leaves me puzzled. Does Priceline pre-reserve cars somehow?

I rented a car today for a trip my wife & I are taking in August. I used Kayak to find the car, which came from Enterprise. I went to Enterprise's web site to see if the deal was better and they claim no cars are available at that location to rent. But Kayak, via Priceline, rented me a car from Enterprise. I've used Kayak before and never had a problem with not getting a car but this leaves me puzzled. Does Priceline pre-reserve cars somehow?
Have you tried letting the FBO make the arrangements? They will usually have the car on the field for you then.

jsstevens said:
We're flying commercial, so no.

And I have a confirmation number, etc. What I don't understand is why Priceline can get a car from Enterprise when I couldn't.
I think that yes sometime of these companies have a pre-defined block, like they do with hotel rooms. Not 100% sure about the cars though.

Back