The Spin Zone

'The Spin Zone' is a subforum of the Hangar Talk forum.

With the ability of users to opt out of a forum, we have devoted a special space to non-aviation related topics which cover politics, religion, and other potentially sensitive or charged topics.

Hangar Talk remains an open forum for aviation and non-aviation related posts, but new threads on politics or religion should be posted in "The Spin Zone" from this point forward, and active, non-aviation related threads may and probably will be moved there as they continue to be active.

By making this change, users who wish to avoid politically charged or other sensitive topics may do so by opting out of The Spin Zone in their new posts searches, but still participate in other, lighter weight topics of a non-aviation related nature.

We hope you enjoy this new configuration, and as always, we thank you for landing at Pilots of America.

PoA Management

nddons said:
Yet nothing really changed since Greebo posted the first post in this thread. Bad players exist everywhere, and they existed in 2007 when I joined this board.
History is about to be repeated. As far as I can tell (I wasn't a member then) PoA lasted about 1 year before the need to create the Spin Zone occurred. Or maybe PoA was civil in all that time and it was the Spin Zone that has caused problems?

The MC should have kept the Spin Zone open and instead warned the rule-breakers at most X times for each rule violation, where X is about 3, and then permanently banned on the X + 1 violation. The problem is that this requires more effort than the MC pay-scale rates. You gets whats you pays for.

One way to keep things civil is to filter out uncivil posts.
Another way to keep things civil is to filter out posters who can't stay civil.

Closing the Spin Zone accomplishes neither of the above. It appears to be primarily a psychological ploy that will quickly fade from poster's memory. I will be amazed at the deep insight into human behavior the MC has that I don't if heated political or religious discussions no longer occur on PoA simply because the Spin Zone was closed.

RJM62 said:
Meh. I won't miss it.
Sac Arrow said:
I'm a member of the SZ but I so rarely post in it that it's absence wouldn't put me out.
Vast in number are the things that we are either unaware of or don't use whose existence is fleeting - and therefore whose departure we care not about.

But it is not a question of what things we directly use, since that question itself is among the vast number of things that others care not about, but rather a question of whether those things we don't use are in fact doing us unseen favors.

Back