To get a PPL or not?

nmodor

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and have been interested in training for a PPL for some time now but have never become serious about it until recently. I am a senior undergrad with one semester left and will need extra hours to be a full time student during this last semester. I can obtain my PPL through the aviation department and get enough extra hours from this to be considered full time. However, I will hopefully be starting medical school next fall and am wondering if I will have time to put a PPL to good use if I end up enrolling in the courses to obtain one in the spring. Will it be an issue if I'm not able to fly very often in medical school?

Also, my father is not very supportive of the idea. He has known people who have died piloting smaller planes and is under the impression that I should not fly unless I will have time to do it regularly and maintain a high level of experience. I will be paying for it so its not a matter of financial support. I just don't want him to be worried about it.

Any thoughts?

Back