Ultralights, Experimentals and LSA's

Number7

I'm so new here that I don't have a picture of what you sport guys are doing, have done, and like to do. Hope you don't mind a newbie asking you to jump in and run it down.
I like to attend Sun-n-Fun and spend a day, at least, checking out the new fun stuff we use to poke holes in the sky. My personal favorites tend toward the more basic planes, that don't cost an arm and a leg, because someone just has to have $50 grand in electronics, for a plane that flies a hundred miles per hour.
I like quick, not necessarily fast, and lots of useful load, to go with a wide cabin and at least 100 pounds of storage capacity.
To that end I hated the 162. It just failed in my book, and I flew one about forty hours as a favor to a friend.
The Tecnam is a plane I loved flying and they make them near me in Florida.

Number7 said:
That is why I said quick instead of fast. You now, quick off the ground...
Quick as in short field, or quick as in high vertical climb rate? As a rough first approximation, the former can be done by applying more wing area per pound, the latter with more horsepower per pound. Or both.

In addition to the RANS models already mentioned could be added the CH-750 or Savannah for short field.

Back