Unable to Solo, Advice needed

Rajiv Sharma

Hello Everyone

I have been training for almost 9 months now. I have 55+ flight hours and over 130 landings. All of it in Cessna 152. But still I am unable to Solo. I have had trouble landings including pilot induced oscillations, hard landing, trouble landing in cross wind, not landing on center line, drifting from center line post touch down, missing touch down point, not flaring at right time etc.

I have invested a lot of time and money into this but I am feeling very disappointed that I am unable to land airplane consistently. My CFI has been very patient with me and trying to teach in different ways but it seems like I am unable to get this right. I am even thinking if I am fit to be a pilot or not.

Please advice.

Thanks
Rajiv

I agree with another set of eyes on the problem. The one thing I found helped a lot was just realizing that if you fly the plane down into ground effect and let it slow down while following the runway, it will land.

Initially I had always been too focused on too many things going on all at once. And let’s face it, there is only a brief period of time when you are trying to learn this on each landing.

Maybe just try flying down above the runway and fly it it there while letting in naturally slow. Then after that you can start modifying and getting precise.

Rajiv Sharma said:
I FINALLY PASSED CHECK RIDE TODAY !

I want to say a big THANKS to everyone who encouraged me and provided valuable suggestions. I had my check ride today and passed with flying colors (he he). It took me a month to get my check ride done after getting the sign off from my CFI due to weather, DPE availability and airplane availability. It has been a long roller coaster journey to this point. It took me only 19 months (due to International travel, COVID and job switch), 118.4 hours and 3 CFIs to get this private pilot certificate.

Once again, thank you everyone for your support.
Let me be the first to say - CONGRATULATIONS :emoji322: pilot.

Back