Vegetarians live longer!

denverpilot said:
There actually is another study I can't find right now that showed a significant lifespan increase in mice that were slightly starved all the time. Sounded like just a peachy way to live...
The term for that is "caloric restriction". Some recent results from some decades long experiments with primates are not showing results similar to those seen for some other animals. A real disappointment, considering how long it takes to run tests like that. Makes it tough to correct experimental errors and perform a second run. Testing a method for immortaility would take forever to get past the FDA!

Threefingeredjack said:
What's the deal?? Let folks eat what they want with no recriminations. No one likes meat more than I do, but I don't eat it every meal, or even every day. To night it is grilled asparagus, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers with bruschetta topped with cilantro, fresh tomato and goat cheese. Totally veggie, absolutely delicious with some chilled Provencal rose and a couple of glasses of pastis after the meal.....ahhhhhhh. Retirement is hell. :D
Since I can't abide another fellow enjoying retirement while I still have to work (though I had smoked salmon fettuccine this evening) I'm going to point out that goat cheese isn't a vegetable. :wink2:

Back