What is the general state of GA?

Brandon Hicks

I've noticed a few threads on POA that seem to allude to the overall state of GA being in decline and I wondered A) if I'm reading into this correctly and if so, B) Why you all think that is?

I'm new to this forum, new to general aviation, new to this "hobby" (or whatever it is) so my perspective is very limited and still very much that of an "outsider", despite the warm welcome you all have shown. I have certainly had some of my preconceptions challenged as I have gotten more serious and educated and I have some of my own naive theories on why that may be but I'm more interested in hearing the opinions of those of you that have been around aviation for a while than I am of boring you all with my own opinions, lol. I'm also interested to hear what attracted people to GA in the first place.

Thanks all.

Brandon Hicks said:
Is over-regulation, litigation, etc. responsible for the astronomical increase in the costs of these planes?
That’s a rather good summary. Over-regulation has killed many industries and GA is going to be one of them.

Back