Wireless Light Switch?

topgun260

I need to add a light switch to the other side of the hangar. The area in question would be very difficult to pull wire to. I know there are wireless switches out there but I am having a hard time finding one that fits what I need. Is there something that connects to, or replaces, the existing light switch that would work with a wireless switch 50' away? I don't need a smart switch or want to have Alexa or anyone else switch it for me. I don't really want to buy a hub either if I don't need to. Anyone have any ideas?

Or go to Z-wave which is an open standard. Lots of manufacturers. Available at Lowe’s etc in basic configurations.

I have started replacing Insteon in my house with Z-wave. Very reliable so far.

denverpilot said:
It going higher end, many seem to like Insteon.
The reason I am gradually replacing Insteon in my house is lack of reliability. They just don’t seem to consistently communicate, even with the dual mode.

Also, the company does not take longevity seriously. A couple of the switches in high use areas of my house would always stop registering the click after about 3 years. When I complained, Smartlabs said they consider that a reasonable lifetime for an electronic device. They don’t seem to understand the average consumer does not want to be replacing 120 VAC devices wired into the wall every couple of years, especially when a good regular switch lasts decades. When asked if they knew the mean number of switchings between failure, they claimed they didn’t even know that.

So far the GE branded Z-wave switches seem more solid and reliable.

Back